Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Colorado
Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes:
Whether you’re an experienced backcountry skier or intermediate snowboarder looking to ramp up your out of bounds expeditions, Brittany and Frank Konsella have the cred to guide you to the state’s special runs. Both have descended all of the state’s 14ers on skis and Brittany was the second woman to accomplish that feat. They know where the sweet lines are. Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Colorado―part of the popular series―includes backcountry routes focused on the Front Range and the San Juans, with other routes in the Sawatch Range, Elk Mountains, Mosquito Range, and more.
- Brand: Brand: Mountaineers Books
- ASIN: 1594858829
Snowboarding--you've got the basics down, now you want to break out beyond the resorts to the deep powder, steep challenges, and solitude of the backcountry. Prepare yourself for the ride of your life with BACKCOUNTRY SNOWBOARDING. Christopher Van Tilburg, M.D. is an expert snowboarder who's also a specialist in wilderness medicine--follow his advice to make safety a top priority, too. With more than 40 full-color photos, BACKCOUNTRY SNOWBOARDING gives you a taste of the excitement that awaits. Van Tilburg covers it all: *Techniques for every type of terrain and snow (steeps, trees, powder, corn, ice, and crud); *Ascent strategies using crampons, skis, snowshoes, and split-boards; *Route finding, avalanche and glacier safety, survival and self-rescue; *Cross-training and nutrition; and *Handy sidebars for quick reference information.
- Color: One Color
- Brand: Brand: Mountaineers Books
- ASIN: 0898865786
Backcountry Snowboarding and Skiing in the Northern Sierra
Backcountry Snowboarding and Skiing in the Northern
The first thorough guide to the alpine steeps of the Northern Sierra, from Sonora Pass to the Sierra Buttes, including all the nooks and crannies of the Tahoe backcountry. A worthy companion guide to John Moynier's "Backcountry Skiing in the High Sierra".
- ASIN: 0974733504
Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding - Lake Tahoe
Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding - Lake
The mountains around Lake Tahoe have attrackted skiers for ages, even before the advent of rope tows and chairlifts.Benefit from the knowleged that local skiers have accumulated for decades by open to the pages of this guidebook and studing the topographic maps and reading the accurate description of over 50 'sans piste' runs without the resort boudaries limitations. Be careful, be informed and ski within your own limits. Have a good time.
- ASIN: 0615280633
Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes Washington
Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes
Washington’s Cascades, Olympics, and Mount Rainier are prime destinations for backcountry ski and snowboard adventure, and no one is better qualified to write this guidebook than Martin Volken and his team at Pro Guiding Service, based in the Cascade foothills.The all-new guidebook includes 80 routes throughout the state — plus one in British Columbia! — Ideal for intermediate to expert skiers or snowboarders. It features routes ranging from accessible day trips suitable for relative beginners to more challenging multiday traverses. It’s a guide to the very best routes available to skiers and boarders throughout the state. Each route includes the following elements:* Starting elevation and high point* Elevation gain and loss* Route distance* Time required* Recommended skill and fitness levels* Best season to ski* Maps and permits info* Driving directions, from nearest major town or junction* Detailed route description* Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Washington also includes an introduction by legendary Northwest skier Lowell Skoog.
- Brand: Mountaineers Books
- ASIN: 1594856567
Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: California
Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes:
After some dreadful years for Sierra skiers, the snow is back and the pent-up demand to ride it is satisfied by this book!From Bishop to Tahoe to Shasta, and multiple slopes in between, California has a big ski and snowboard culture and this backcountry guide describes 97 of the state’s best routes. Part of our critically-acclaimed series, Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: California is written by Tahoe-based professional skier, Jeremy Benson, and covers the best of the state, featuring advanced backcountry descents with serious verticals. The northern region of the book focuses on Mount Shasta and Tahoe, while the central region includes Mammoth, Bishop, and Sierra Club hut trips, and to the south, 14ers Mount Whitney and Mount Langley and more.
- ASIN: 1594858993
Snowboard T-Shirt for Man Woman and Child
Climbing and Skiing Colorado's Mountains: 50 Select Ski Descents (Backcountry Skiing Series)
Climbing and Skiing Colorado's Mountains: 50 Select Ski
Climbing and Skiing Colorado’s Mountains is a select guidebook to 50 of the most classic, aesthetic, and iconic backcountry ski descents in the state of Colorado. The book provides accurate information to backcountry skiers and snowboarders, including overviews, maps, photos, and route descriptions for each of the selected 50 descents, while at the same time spurring the reader on to investigate peaks and areas outside of those featured in the book. Unlike other guidebooks, Climbing and Skiing Colorado's Mountains focus on peaks of all elevations located in all ranges throughout the state, including many 13ers and 14ers but also some smaller, more accessible peaks, representing a comprehensive mix of some of the best backcountry skiing Colorado has to offer.
- ASIN: 0762791853
Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain
Staying Alive in Avalanche
The more you know about snow stability, the better your travel and rescue skills. And the sharper your decision making, the better you’ll be able to avoid avalanche danger and have more fun in the winter backcountry. In Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain, 3rd Edition, acclaimed snow and avalanche expert Bruce Tremper provides easy-to-understand avalanche safety tips and skills, including the latest snow research and techniques for evaluating snowpack, as well how to rescue companions in the event of an avalanche. Other topics include: How to evaluate terrain and decide whether it's safe or dangerousHow avalanches workHow to test snow stabilityHow to control your exposure and lower your riskSafe travel techniquesWhat to do if you're caught in an avalancheSearch-and-rescue strategiesManaging the human factors that contribute to accidentsThis fully revised and updated third edition of Bruce's best-selling book is organized according to the structure of American Avalanche Association classes, and all topics have been updated and reviewed by peer experts. This edition also features a wholly new chapter in which Bruce pulls all the pieces together to create an organized, step-by-step system for making decisions off, and on, the mountain.As Rocky Mountain News proclaimed, "No one who ...
- ASIN: 1680511386
POC Auric Cut Backcountry Spin, Ski and Snowboarding Helmet, Uranium Black, M/LG
POC Auric Cut Backcountry Spin, Ski and Snowboarding
The Auric Cut Backcountry SPIN sets a new standard for on and off piste safety for ski and snowboarders. Featuring POC's patent pending rotational impact protection system, SPIN, the internal shearing pads help reduce the effects of an oblique (non-head-on collision) fall by reducing the amount of force transmitted to the head. SPIN works by allowing pads placed inside the helmet to shear in any direction during an oblique impact, helping to protect your head during the fall. By using the innovative and unique pad technology, which sits directly against the user's head, SPIN pads allow the helmet to move relative to the head during a fall.
- Color: Uranium Black
- Brand: POC
- ASIN: B074Y7F11R
50 Classic Backcountry Ski and Snowboard Summits in California: Mount Shasta to Mount Whitney
50 Classic Backcountry Ski and Snowboard Summits in
* Covers backcountry routes from California's Cascade Range to the Sierra Nevada* The most complete backcountry ski and snowboard information available in California guidebook* Paul Richins, Jr., is an expert ski mountaineer with extensive experience 50 Classic Backcountry Ski and Snowboard Summits in California offers some of the finest ski and snowboard routes in California, ranging over a 550-mile span from the Cascade Range in the north, to Mount Whitney, to the Sierra Nevada in the south. Grouped into nine geographical regions, these summits represent the best of the best from well-known destinations to more remote areas to a sampling of the highest peaks. Historical anecdotes about each region round out the guidebook.Tours range from a half day to seven days, and while all can be completed on either snowboard or skis, the author makes specific recommendations for the best snowboard descents. Each trip description includes a complete narrative of the ascent and descent plus information on trip highlights, trip duration, level of difficulty, mileage, elevation gain, and access. The appendix includes a list of California's highest peaks.
- ASIN: 0898866561
Baker's Birthday: A Backcountry Snowboarding Adventure
Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes Oregon
Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes
* Includes 120 black-and-white photos and 90 maps* Coverage ranges from Lassen Peak up to Mount St. HelensThe first guidebook in a new Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Series from Mountaineers Books, Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Oregon describes nearly 100 of the best and most classic mountain routes that will exhilarate and challenge winter backcountry seekers. Although many of these routes are geared toward intermediate and expert skiers and boarders, there are also appropriate routes for those just getting into the backcountry for the first time. Full state coverage includes more than 30 routes on Mount Hood alone, and ranges across Mount Jefferson, the Three Sisters and Bend area, Willamette Pass and Mount Bailey, Crater Lake National Park, the southern Cascades, Steens, and the Wallowas and Blue Mountains regions. There are also classic routes just over the borders -- Mount Shasta and Lassen Peak in Northern California and Mount St. Helens, Mount Adams, and Muir Snowfield in Washington. Many of these routes are selected for their straightforward approaches. Sections describe avalanche safety, best resources, gear, Oregon backcountry laws, and routes by best season and skill level. This is a guidebook to get snowboarders and skiers out in the mountains for quality fun!
- ASIN: 1594855161
Ultimate DIY Japanese Backcountry Snow Park | Hidden Mountain
►Watch Levi Siver Windsurf a Snowy Japanese Mountain: http://win.gs/WindsurfingMt Kick back, rel...
Best Of Backcountry Snowboarding
The Simply the best lines, airs and carves of the backcountry. All rights on the video goes t...
Burton Backcountry Snowboarding
Die Backcountry Snowboarding Episode nimmt Euch mit in die tiefen Berge von British Columbia, der...
GoPro: Alaskan Playground with John Jackson
Follow along with John Jackson as he journeys to tackle some of Alaska's most intense terrain. S...
Backcountry Snowboarding in Revelstoke BC
Beanies Back for Sale! https://www.etsy.com/listing/634956334/snowboardprocamp-beanie Top Gear P...